Our aim is simple – to help our clients achieve the best price possible within their desired timescale and charge a fair price for a great service.
We charge just 0.8% (+ VAT) for a sole agency agreement and we don’t tie you in for an extortionate 12, 16 or 20 week sole agency period. We have no tie-in period, we just ask for 2 weeks’ notice.
Our floor plans are FREE,
Our professional photographs are FREE and
Our glossy high quality brochures are FREE.
As the owners of the business and with over 30 years’ experience we will look after you at every stage providing you with honest, straightforward advice.
As a friendly, family run business we think we have the balance just right. We work hard, enjoy the rapport we have established between our clients and customers, act professionally yet with a sense of humour and because it is our business we are available when we need to be.
When we started this business we were and still are passionate about ensuring we can guarantee a high level service. We were the first local agent to become a licensed agent of the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA), are part of the National Federation of Property Professionals Client Money Protection Scheme and also members of the Property Redress Scheme - all there to protect and reassure you.
Advertising & Marketing
- As you’d expect from one of the leading local agents you need exposure to the affluent London market and will receive unrivalled coverage via Right Move, Zoopla, Prime Location, The Argus, SussexLife.co.uk, LatestHomes.co.uk, The Times, Telegraph, London Evening Standard, The Independent, Aol, Mail online and homes24.co.uk.
- We also advertise in the Argus, the Rottingdean Village News, The Deans, Peacehaven Directory, the Property News and when appropriate the Portfolio magazine.
- Our bright and welcoming office along with our distinctive boards ensures your property will receive the interest it deserves and of course we only get paid once the sale has exchanged, we never charge any upfront costs.
- FREE - Floor plan
- FREE - Professional photography
- FREE - High quality glossy brochures
- Prior to arranging any viewings we speak to all potential buyers to qualify them as thoroughly as possible. This helps us get an understanding of what the prospective buyer is looking for and enables us to match your house with the most likely candidates. This often saves a lot of time and helps us sell your home quickly to the most suitable buyer.
- We always accompany viewings on empty properties, providing you with feedback as soon as possible, to ensure you are kept informed. We will also gladly attend viewings carried out by you if requested.
- All offers will be confirmed to you in writing. All potential buyers will be qualified financially to ensure that they are able to proceed with the agreed transaction.
- Once a sale is agreed a lot of people think the estate agent’s job is done. It is only just beginning! Your agent is the link between the whole chain and the solicitors. Solicitors will only communicate with the immediate solicitors so don’t always have the full picture. A good estate agent can truly make the difference between the sale happening or not. It is imperative that all parties are kept up to date and guided when necessary to ensure the process proceeds to a swift and satisfactory completion.
Energy Performance Certificates
- It is a legal requirement for a property to have an Energy Performance Certificate instructed when it comes onto the market. Prospective buyers must be provided with a copy at the time they express an interest in the property
- We can contact a local Energy Assessor on your behalf (or provide you with their details). We do not make a charge for this
- Energy Performance Certificates are valid for 10 years
Keeping you informed
- We pride ourselves on the level of customer service we provide our clients and an essential tool in any successful sale is good communication. Keeping you informed not only helps sell your house quickly, but it also helps keep stress levels to a minimum too. Comptons will take care of everything for you and deliver a reliable, effective service you can trust.
- Solicitors play an essential role in the sale of a property. We work closely with several local companies and will be pleased to provide their contact details to you should you require.
- We are proud to say that we do not have a resident mortgage adviser who we insist you speak to. Having worked for corporate estate agents in the past we were keen to focus our attention on selling houses not mortgage products! However, we can provide details of a local independent financial adviser if you should need one, whom we have used in the past and many clients have been pleased with their service.
We would naturally be delighted to offer our services to you and would love the opportunity of providing you with a free no obligation valuation. We promise we will not continually hassle you once we’ve visited!
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bedroom Second Floor Flat in Saltdean
Comptons Sales & Lettings are delighted to offer for sale this stunning 2 bedroom apartment with roof top and sea views. Occup...
- 4 bedrooms
- 4 bedroom Detached House in Rottingdean
Comptons Sales & Lettings are delighted to be able to offer this immaculate 4 bedroom executive family home. Situated in a sou...
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bedroom Terraced House in Rottingdean
Comptons are delighted to offer this charming 2 bedroom Mews property situated in the conservation area of Rottingdean village....
- 4 bedrooms
- 4 bedroom Semi Detached Bungalow in R...
Comptons Sales & Lettings are delighted to be able to offer for sale this good size 4 bedroom chalet bungalow. Situated in a s...
- 3 bedrooms
Offers in excess of £475,000
- 3 bedroom Detached Bungalow in Rottin...
Comptons Sales & Lettings are pleased to bring to the market this delightful 3 bedroom detached bungalow situated in historic R...